Friday, May 1, 2009

Another Little Collage


This is another little collage I did because I have all these clay faces that I made a long time ago and wanted to use them on something. 


I started off with red tissue paper that I crumpled up and then flattened back out. I glued it down on to a piece of poster board and started painting it.


 I was in the mood to play with my beads so I choose a few small ones and played around until I came up with something I thought would work around the head. The face was plain white when I made it so more painting! Nothing too detailed, just some color!

I had to play around with the hair for awhile to get it just right. I used long pieces of wool and just wrapped and twirled it around until it looked interesting.  Once I had the hair right I used more beads to secure it and decided to glitterfy the makeup.


 I used fusible fibers, an old jewelry finding and a few more beads to finish it off. Then I attached the whole thing to a piece of foam core and glued heavy gold braid around the outside as a hanger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment