Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Renovation Progress

First thing I had to do was pull up all the carpet tack strips. A lot of the nails stayed behind in the concrete and when I pulled them out they left holes in the floor!


There is also a nice crack that runs the entire length of the room that will have to be patched along with all the holes. I went ahead and sanded the woodwork and then cleaned up all the dust. I take that back, I'll never get ALL the dust, but I swept and swept and swept until I felt I probably got as much as I could.


Then the patching began. I used Quikrete in a bottle which made it really easy to apply. I smoothed everything with a putty knife and let it dry overnight.


I had shelves and pegboards all over the walls so there were a lot of holes that needed spackling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment