Friday, January 8, 2010

Getting Organized - The Room!


Since I'm in the process of organizing things I thought I would post a few pictures of my room at it's worst. I'm a binge artist. I go for a few weeks with so many ideas and projects happening all around me I can't think straight. Then the chaos of the room starts to overwhelm me and I have to put everything away again.

We moved into this house in April of 2006 and I have redone my room several times. Obviously I should have planned it out better to begin with but with everything else going on in the move I couldn't devote myself to my craftroom. The first time I sponge painted the walls dark blue. I added a lot of bright orange accents and curtains and I loved the colors but the sponge paint was too busy with everything else hanging on my walls in there. A few months later I repainted the walls my favorite color, a calming green. I made new curtains, hung a shelf in my closet and tried to reorganize things so they were more accessible. I haven't repainted again but I have arranged and rearranged my supplies a number of times and I am finally beginning to get a handle on this situation.



Earlier this year a great friend of mine gave me some old metal storage cubes he didn't want anymore and I hung several pegboard on the wall above my work surface for tools. Huge improvement!





1 comments:

nine said...

Hi Sandi! Thx for visiting my blog! I hope you can dl the Papers 1 ok... I tried it and it was fine.. IDK why those file sharing sites act up sometimes.. lol.. my craft room needs help, too! I've got a combo of paper scrap supplies, silk floral supplies, fabric, sewing, card-making, kid crafts, and all my holiday storage! I can organize it quite nicely, but it only lasts a couple days lol! I guess we wouldn't be true artistes.. if we didn't get creatively messy!

Post a Comment