Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting Organized - Beads!

It's not as easy as it sounds! I am not an organized kind of person but sometimes I can certainly see the benifits in trying to be! So I decided to tackle one of my biggest headaches and work on getting my beads in order. I have thousands of beads in all shapes, sizes and colors so it was no easy task.






I started with my seed beads. I moved them all into these containers that screw together and seperated them by color. They were the most difficult to organize and once I finished with them I knew the really hard part was over. The rest of the beads got seperated by type and organized into flip top containers.


Stone chips and beads


More stone and hematite beads


Metal beads


Acrylic beads


Shell beads


Bells


Findings

After several hours I am very pleased with the results and I'm glad I did it! Now I'm actually motivated to move on to some of my other supplies and maybe eventually I'll get the whole room to the point where I'm not embarrassed to let people peek their heads in there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment