Thursday, March 19, 2009

My First Love - Beading

Ever since I was a small child one of the christmas presents my mom gets me every year is instructions and supplies for a new craft that I have never tried. When I was little it was paint by numbers, needlepoint and modeling clay. In my teens I got safety pin jewelry, a dollhouse and dreamcatchers. This year it was paper making! Whenever I had a technical problem, she was right there to help me work it out and whenever I had a creative problem she would tell me "Do it however YOU like it!" For that, I owe her BIG TIME!

When I was 15 or 16 I saw an advertisement for a beading class and she paid for us to go. It was a couple hours one night and the teacher showed us all the basics on stringing beads and attaching clasps. I was hooked! At first I worked with the big stone and acrylic beads but after making more jewelry than I will ever be able to wear I branched out and realized my passion for beadweaving with teeny tiny little glass beads. (For anyone that understands the lingo I use mostly 11/0 Delica and 10/0 Czech seed beads.)
These are just a few of my favorite creations.


Beaded cross stitch triskele


Beaded rose on craft wire


Beaded handbag



A cheap plastic dollar store bottle looks a lot better wrapped in beads!





Mini bottle necklace


I made this little wall hanging for my brother one year for christmas.



I made this hummingbird amulet bag for my mom a long time ago.


A little fairy





Suncatchers

0 comments:

Post a Comment