Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What's in a name? - MMC Part 1

My lastest project inspired me to start a blog as a way to document my progress. Of course a lot of other things will end up on here because I am usually working on several things at once.
After years of working at tropical fish stores I have accumulated quite a collection of aquariums. The largest one is a 75 gallon and it has fish in it at the moment but all the rest of them are stored in my garage and I really wanted to come up with an idea to use some of them. I decided to do a miniature scene in an aquarium that measures 48" x 18" x 18".



My Morbid Curiosities

I cut pieces of foam core to fit inside the aquarium and painted everything in shades of black. I punched holes in the background and pushed a string of christmas lights through them to look like stars. A sickly green full moon finished it off.




On the bottom I used chalk to sketch out a general idea of where I wanted things to be and got to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment