Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Pathway - MMC Part 2


Once I got everything sketched out in chalk I started on the pathway. I wanted it to twist and wind through the whole scene.


First I made tissue paper templates of the shape of the path I had drawn. I rolled out sheets of clay, applied a stone texture to it and then cut it along the template.



Once it was cured I started on the paint. After many many layers of a lot of different colors I ended up with a pretty realistic look.



Once all the paint dried I went ahead and glued the pathway right onto the foam core. Although a lot of what I put in here will be removeable, the pathway won't be. Everything else will grow up around it and I don't want it shifting or moving at all.



Close up of the finished pathway.


Sand and miniature landscaping grass fill in all the cracks around the path to make it look like it's been there a long time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment